Sons of Norway is seeking an experienced Insurance New Business Representative to join our team of professionals in Minneapolis, MN.
Sons of Norway have been in the business of selling annuity and life insurance products since 1895. Since then we have grown to become a $360 million Fraternal Life Insurance company that serves 60,000 members in nearly 400 communities throughout North America and Norway. We are headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and have agents selling insurance and servicing members throughout the United States.
The Insurance New Business Representative will be primarily responsible for processing of new applications, ordering requirements as part of the underwriting process, and generating insurance contracts after the application has been approved. This position communicates regularly with our agents and outside vendors during the application, underwriting and issue process.
• Prepares and completes initial set up process for all annuity and life applications.
• Perform the initial underwriting review of all annuity and life applications, and when appropriate, will take them through the approval process.
• Order the underwriting requirements as directed by the underwriter.
• Coordinate all communications for 1035 exchanges, rollovers and transfers.
• Upon application approval, generates policy pages for distribution to the agents and delivery to the clients.
• Share responsibility for processing all new business mail.
• Manage vendor websites by receipting and distributing underwriting requirements.
• Reinsurance Administration.
• Commission and Production maintenance for the agents.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associates Degree
• 5+ years’ experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
• Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
• Must have a strong Technical aptitude.
• Must have strong organizational skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and a team-player
• Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to analyze and use various computer software programs with minimal direction.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/talk/hear; occasionally required to stand/walk and is frequently required to use hands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive Salary; commensurate with experience
• Benefits package available
Please send a cover letter and resume to Lizabeth Halva at [email protected]