Sons of Norway is currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative to join their team of professionals in Minneapolis, MN. To learn more about a rewarding career with one of the best Fraternal Life Insurance companies in America, apply today!
Sons of Norway has been in the business of selling annuity and life insurance products since 1895. Since then we have grown to become a $360 million Fraternal Life Insurance company that serves 60,000 members in nearly 400 communities throughout North America and Norway. We are headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and have agents selling insurance and servicing members throughout the United States.
This position is primarily responsible for providing generalized customer service to all internal and external customers of the organization. The emphasis is placed on certificate holder services, which is provided to all the insurance members of the society and includes performance of the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes daily monetary requests that include but are not limited to, loans, surrenders, partial surrenders, 1035 exchanges replacements and conversions
- Processes daily non-monetary requests that include but are not limited to, address changes, beneficiary changes and ownership changes
- Provides support for annual/quarterly informational and monetary exchanges with members that include but are not limited to Required Minimum Distribution letters, 1099 letters and dividend distributions.
- Provide telephone support, and answers day-to-day questions posed by members, Agents and internal staff.
- Associates Degree
- 5+ years demonstrated knowledge and experience related to Life and Annuity Insurance preferred, but not required.
- Strong technical aptitude. Ability to analyze and use various computer software programs as needed with little training. Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/talk/hear; occasionally required to stand/walk and is frequently required to use hands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong attention to detail needed to manage the various customer service processes.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].