Sons of Norway is currently seeking an experienced accountant to join their team of professionals in Minneapolis, MN.
Sons of Norway has been in the business of selling annuity and life insurance products since 1895. Since then we have grown to become a $360 million Fraternal Life Insurance company that serves 60,000 members in nearly 400 communities throughout North America and Norway. We are headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and have agents selling insurance and servicing members throughout the United States.
This position exists to back up the Assistant Controller as needed, assist in preparation of Sons of Norway’s financial statements, process commissions, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
- Commission processing – includes semi-monthly commissions for independent agents, as well as monthly processing of outside carrier commissions.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts – monthly.
- Process incoming renewal payments for dues and/or insurance premiums. This includes batching and entering payments, preparing bank deposits, and balancing the daily totals for cash processed.
- Batch and enter all payments received for other than dues and premiums. These payments include certificate loan payments, rent, parking, supply invoices, Viking magazine advertising, merchandise sales, etc.
- Prepare the bank deposits for these payments.
- Prepare and mail monthly billings for parking.
- Maintain database of members wanting automatic renewal by credit card.
- Mail monthly report of collections (dues reports) and check to lodges.
- Process other mass mailings to lodges such as liability insurance billings, semi-annual reports, and requests for annual financial statements.
- Maintain lodge liability and parking ledgers.
- Parking Lot Contract Management
- Enter check requests for expenses and payables other than insurance benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Finance or Accounting
- Five plus years job related experience.
- Strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].