Sons of Norway is seeking a Website and Graphic Design Specialist with strong project management, customer service and communication skills to join our team.
Sons of Norway is a financial services and international cultural organization headquartered in Minneapolis. For more than 120 years, we’ve lived our mission to promote and preserve the heritage and culture of Norway, celebrate our relationships with other Nordic countries and provide quality insurance and financial products to our members. Now more than 52,000 members strong, we play an active role in communities throughout North America and Norway.
The Website and Graphic Design Specialist will:
- Execute website updates/changes and manage overall website structure.
- Manage relationship with Sons of Norway’s website host; troubleshoot website functionality issues and participate in training sessions with website host staff.
- Assess project needs, propose solutions, execute high-quality designs, interact with external vendors, manage the production process for each project and adhere to Sons of Norway’s visual identity guide.
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external partners, providing high quality service.
- Post articles and updates to Sons of Norway blog.
- Create and upload monthly membership reports to website from content submitted by IT & actuarial staff.
- Create high quality designs for print, online and email communication channels and manage the production process from concept to delivery. Keep supervisor informed of progress and propose workarounds when barriers are presented. Maintain archives for photos and all designed materials.
- Fulfill logo requests and ensure that the Sons of Norway brand standard and usage rules are adhered to.
- Re-touch digital images. Maintain archives for photos and all designed materials.
- Main point of contact for national/int’l mailing services and postage permits.
Education and/or Experience
- Computer science or related bachelor’s degree and at least four years professional experience working on a Mac, using Microsoft Office, CMS programs, Adobe CC suite, Premiere, Video/Audio production/editing, QuarkXpress, InDesign, HTML, email management tools.
- Two-year degree in graphic design/graphic arts from a regionally accredited college or technical school or equivalent design experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in agency or in-house design team.
- Knowledge of: Development Software; Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Design Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software; Presentation software (PowerPoint); and Publishing software.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects from multiple sources at any given time.
- Excellent visual, creative, typographic, written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven track record of combining creative thinking, strong design ability and project execution, and superior production management skills.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of organization and external contacts.
Application Procedure: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]