This position is primarily responsible for providing generalized customer service to all internal and external customers of the organization. This position is responsible for emphasizing certificate holder services, providing all the insurance members of the society by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Processes daily monetary requests that include but are not limited to, loans, surrenders, partial surrenders, 1035 exchanges replacements and conversions.
Processes daily non-monetary requests that include but are not limited to, address changes, beneficiary changes and ownership changes.
Provides support for annual/quarterly informational and monetary exchanges with members that include but are not limited to required minimum distribution letters, 1099 letters and dividend distributions.
Provides telephone support, and answers day-to-day questions posed by members, agents and internal staff.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees. Accordingly the employees must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advantage notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: database software (Access); Internet software; spreadsheet software (Excel); word processing software (Word); electronic mail software (Outlook); presentation software (PowerPoint); and publisher software.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Experience related to life and annuity insurance preferred, but not required.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail needed to manage the various customer service processes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].