Membership Services Representative
The Membership Services Coordinator directly contributes to the success of Sons of Norway by providing accurate, efficient and positive communication experiences for our members, ensuring member satisfaction. This role in our Fraternal Department requires flexibility and a high level of responsiveness; it involves extensive personal interaction with members, including lodge, district and international officers.
Direct Member Services
Serves as the direct resource for questions from members and prospective members. Also provides answers to questions about lodge operations, awards and specific annual projects. Interacts with Sons of Norway Headquarters staff, members, officers (lodge, district & international), Financial Benefit Counselors and the general public in person, by telephone, email and postal mail. It is critical that the Member Services Coordinator understands and has the ability to translate complex membership and lodge operational policies into easy to understand language for members, officers and co-workers.
Handles incoming member phone requests such as updates to member status, member type, corrections in member information, dues and billing questions, cancellations or lodge transfers.
Handles non-phone requests from lodges or members such as updates to member status, member type, corrections in member information, dues and billing questions, cancellations or lodge transfers. Records member deaths, including researching to verify reports of deaths.
Investigates and resolves member questions, complaints or concerns in a timely manner. Locates, interprets and synthesizes membership data from a wide variety of computer applications in the course of researching inquiries and determining solutions.
Encourages prospective members to join Sons of Norway and promotes gift memberships.
Data or Process Documentation
- May assist with verification of accurate new member record set up; audit member data as needed.
- Alerts supervisor of needs or issues related to member data accuracy and information for the organization and to improve processes or reporting provided through the IT Department or other departments.
- Documents Member Services processes and procedures: Follows current procedures and recommends changes to enhance future efficiency and effectiveness of member service operations to supervisor, as needed.
Special Projects and Awards
- Coordinates ongoing distribution of documentation such as local lodge membership listings, officer listings, labels and Monthly Lodge Reporting sheets.
- Coordinates ongoing monthly and large-scale annual projects such as Lodge Officer Updates, Lodge Achievement/NFCA,Golden Membership Certificates.
- Provides input for articles and provides lodge or members-related data for various communications or publications. As needed, may contribute writing and proof reading to departmental projects, such as updates to the “Guide for Leadership.”
- Friendly, positive attitude that contributes to positive communication experiences for Sons of Norway members
- Associate degree and 2 to 3 years customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects, with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional customer service skills, including excellent phone manner, writing and verbal skills
- Excellent Excel, Word, database, internet and email skills
Interested qualified candidates should send a resume to [email protected]