Sons of Norway is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Sons of Norway Foundation Director.
The Director is responsible for the overall strategic planning revenue generation, financial management, organization education & training, staff management and program operations.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and implement the Sons of Norway Strategic Plan and ensure the plan is complimentary to the broader work of Sons of Norway.
- Take a leadership role in driving a collaborative environment and process with the Board of Governors, Chairman of the Board of Governors and Sons of Norway’s Chief Executive Officer that would result in the development of goals, objectives and operational plans for the Foundation.
- Develop an annual budget in tandem with the Sons of Norway Controller to ensure adequate resources to meet steady goals and ensure fidelity to the fiscal responsibility and obligations as outlined in the mission, vision and priorities.
- Develop and maintain ongoing electronic communications with local lodge Foundation Directors for publicizing Sons of Norway Grants and Scholarships.
- Present and publicize fundraising opportunities for local lodges on behalf of the Foundation.
- Develop promotional materials for Newsletter Service, Viking magazine, Viking Resource, the official website and other publications to support the promotion of the Foundation to members, Financial Benefits Counselors and donors.
Lead Foundation Board and S/N Sales Department to:
- Establish Priorities
- Coordinate ongoing fundraisers
- Maintain Donor relationships
- Prepare and present program updates to S/N Financial Benefits Counselors
- Coordinate with S/N FBC Trainer to integrate S/N Foundation Mission to FBC’s assortment of products and services
Foundation Giving/Fund Development
- Manage all fund development activities, grant applications, cultivation and stewardship of donors and event planning
- Lead Organization’s financial growth
- Partner with grant & scholarship committees to review specific requests for assistance
- Process all grant and scholarship requests
- 5 plus years Foundation Experience
- 5 plus years in Fund Development
- Excellent Public Speaker
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Experience with Grant/Scholarship Application Administration
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].