Sons of Norway is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join our team in Minneapolis, MN.
This position reports to the Sons of Norway Fraternal Director and is responsible for counseling staff, management and leadership on communication issues; creation of internal and external messages and communication vehicles; and providing direct oversight of the creative team.
• Direct manager for members of Creative Team.
• Ghost writes articles and speeches for Senior Staff and International Board members
• Coordinates creative projects.
• Writes and edits news releases.
• Builds and maintain relationships with media representatives.
• Writes Sons of Norway content for internal and external publications (Viking magazine, Advisor, Newsletter Service, etc.)
• Oversees editorial planning for E-Post and Newsletter Service.
• This position is responsible for a number of duties pertaining to Sons of Norway various web-based assets.
• Monitors the website for general updates needed.
• Participates on the web committee.
• Coordinates Sons of Norway social media presence.
• Periodically conducts qualitative/ quantitative research for all Sons of Norway business arms (Fraternal, Foundation, and Financial), analyzing and reporting on research findings.
• Event Planning:
• Works cooperatively with Executive Assistant in planning many of the aspects of the biennial convention.
• Plans and executes the Innovative Leadership Conference.
• Coordinates public relations for Sons of Norway sponsored events such as Nordic American Thanksgiving Breakfast.
• Assists in the discovery, creation and management of strategic B2B partnerships.
• Assists in the development of contracts and agreements between Sons of Norway and strategic partners (e. g. MSP Communications, Høstfest, Borton Overseas, etc. ).
• Addresses intellectual property concerns.
• Creates presentations for various Sons of Norway leaders, including International Board members and Senior Staff.
• 4 year degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Marketing.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in communications.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong management skills.
• Knowledge of key communication strategies and trends.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Marketing Experience Preferred
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with multi-levels within an organization (i. e. governing boards, senior staff, staff members, volunteer leadership, clients/ members, perspective clients/ members, the public, etc. ).
• Master’s Degree in a communication program.
• 5 to 7 years’ experience in similar position.
• 3+ years management experience.
• Experience managing a brand on social media.
• Involvement in developing advertising campaigns.
• Knowledge of graphic design principles.
• Experience conducting client/ customer focused qualitative and quantitative research.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive market-based salary; commensurate with experience
• Excellent benefits package available
Please send a cover letter and resume to Lizabeth Halva at [email protected]