Sons of Norway is seeking a Communications Specialist with strong writing and event planning skills to join our team.
Sons of Norway, a financial services and international cultural organization headquartered in Minneapolis, began with shared values and a simple promise of financial security when like-minded people came together to protect their families, celebrate their culture and strengthen their community.
For more than 120 years, we’ve lived our mission to promote and preserve the heritage and culture of Norway, celebrate our relationships with other Nordic countries and provide quality insurance and financial products to our members. Now more than 52,000 members strong, we play an active role in communities throughout North America and Norway.
- Research, recommend/provide content for various traditional and digital communication vehicles.
- Team Member of the Sons of Norway Viking Magazine Editorial Board
- Support Digital Marketing programs.
- Guide Sons of Norway’s social media presence.
Coordinate Sons of Norway’s signature community event with up to 1,000 attendees and one biennial event.
- BA in English, communications, journalism or public relations.
- Excellent writing & verbal communications skills.
- Experience with social media.
- Excellent phone manner.
- Excellent customer service skills (phone & email).
- Experience using Excel, Word, a database program and email.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to travel to off-site locations for up to 2 weeks for biennial conference.
- Ability to sit/talk/hear; occasionally required to stand/walk and is frequently required to use hands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in event coordination.
- Experience marketing and promoting programs and events.
- Experience directing and working with/coordinating volunteers.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in an office environment or customer service function.
Application Procedure: Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample and detail information on social media use either by profession, volunteer and/or personal. [email protected]