Sons of Norway is seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team.
We are an international fraternal life insurance company that serves 60,000 members in nearly 400 communities throughout North America and Norway. We are headquartered in the Uptown area of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Content Development: Research and write content for various internal and external communication vehicles. (45%)
Event Planning: Assist in planning events and organizing meetings (20%)
Provide program support for the Sports Medal and Children’s Ski Race Programs, and biennial Folk Art Competition and Exhibition (23%).
Research, develop and write new programming materials (5%).
Member Relations: Answer questions from members, staff and the public regarding Sons of Norway, Norwegian culture, language, history, etc (5%)
Other duties (2%)
- BA in English, Communications or Scandinavian studies.
- Excellent writing & verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional phone manner.
- Strong customer service skills (phone & email).
- Experience using Excel, Word, database programs and email.
- Experience with social media.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in event coordination.
- Experience marketing and promoting programs and events.
- Experience directing and working with/coordinating volunteers.
- Basic to intermediate competency in Norwegian.
- Knowledge of Norwegian culture, literature and history.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in an office environment or customer service function.
Send a letter of application, resume and one page writing sample to Linda Nelson at [email protected] or to her attention at: Sons of Norway, 1455 West Lake St, Minneapolis, MN 55408.