The Douglas Warne – Rolf & Wenche Eng Scholarship creates an opportunity for qualified applicants to attend educational institutions in Norway and assists with the costs of tuition, room and board.
This scholarship is endowed and funded by Douglas Warne in honor and remembrance of his experiences at the University of Oslo, International Summer School and the friendship and assistance provided by the Rotary and the Rolf and Wenche Eng family during that school year and subsequent visits to Norway. Both affected his choices in life and in his profession. In 2013, Mr. Warne marked being active in his local Scandinavian Community for more than 50 years. He is past president of the Norwegian Commercial Club, Leif Erikson Lodge of the Sons of Norway, secretary of Leif Erikson Recreation Board and a member of the Board of Governors of the Sons of Norway Foundation.
Who can apply:
- Any current American or Canadian members of the Sons of Norway or Rotary, as well as their children or grandchildren. Those students without family members in the Sons of Norway or Rotary may select an advocate or representative from either organization to sponsor their application.
- Applicants of any age who have completed one full year of college level work.
- Applicants who have been accepted by an educational post-secondary institution in Norway including but not limited to craft, folk, music, theatre or technical schools, Oslo International Summer School or undergraduate colleges/universities in Norway.
- Applicants do not have to be currently attending school to apply.
- A short autobiography, 150 words or less
- An essay of 500 words or less
- Academic potential
- Financial need
- Letters of recommendation