The Nancy Lorraine Jensen Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by Dr. and Mrs. Arthur S. Jensen in memory of their remarkable daughter. By age 35, when she died suddenly, Nancy had already distinguished herself as an outstanding chemical engineer whose work resulted in important advances within the field of weather satellite photography. It is the wish of Dr. and Mrs. Jensen to encourage young women to enter the field of science and engineering by offering scholarships in Nancy’s memory.
Who can apply:
- The applicant must be an American citizen between the ages of 17-35 as of the date of application.
- The applicant must be a current female member or the daughter or granddaughter of a current member of the Sons of Norway, provided that such membership has been in effect for at least three years prior to the date on the application.
- The applicant must be a full-time undergraduate who has completed at least one term of her studies after being accepted as a major either in chemistry, physics or in chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering.
- The applicant must have attained an SAT score of at least 1800 with a math score of 600 or better or an ACT score of at least 26.
- A short autobiography, 150 words or less
- An essay of 500 words or less
- Academic potential
- Financial need
- Letters of recommendation