First Row: Secretary Jon Tehven, Foundation Director Corrie Maki Knudson, Chair Leslee Lane Hoyum, Faye Auchenpaugh, First District International Director Karl Hella
Second Row: Darrin Lee, Merv Eriksson, Treasurer Ernie Fosse, International President Ron Stubbings, CEO Eivind Heiberg
Not Pictured: Vice Chair Allison Foremen, Marcia Sorenson
Join the Sons of Norway Foundation Board of Governors
The Sons of Norway Foundation Board of Governors is seeking talented Sons of Norway members who wish to join in the governance of this well-respected, fifty-three-year-old organization. Desired skills include strategic planning and operations, social media influencing, development and fundraising and/or finance and accounting. The board consists of 10 voting members and four non-voting members from across the United States who volunteer and serve without pay. A governor may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms.
The board supports the work of the Sons of Norway Foundation and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the Foundation Director, who reports to Sons of Norway’s Chief Operating Officer, the board-staff relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the board is both critical and expected.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are implemented;
- Approving the Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports and financial statements;
- Serving on committees or task forces by accepting special assignments;
- Representing the Foundation to stakeholders, and acting as an ambassador for the organization; and
- Prioritizing personal giving by making an annual gift, reflecting the Foundation’s priority.
The Foundation is dedicated to funding activities that preserve and promote Norwegian heritage, positively affect members, and make Sons of Norway communities more vibrant places to live. The application deadline is Sept. 10, 2019. Apply Today!
Questions? Need additional information? Contact Anne Olson, Director, Sons of Norway Foundation, at 612-821-4632, or by email at [email protected].