Sons of Norway Headquarters will be sending out one more Golden Membership mailing to Lodge Presidents for people who became Golden in the last quarter of 2020. This will be the last automatic mailing of Golden Certificates and Pins to lodges.
Determining New Golden Members in 2021
Lodge Officers can use the lodge Monthly Activity Report and Membership Lists to assess who has attained/will attain Golden Membership throughout the year. Golden Membership is awarded to members who are age 65 or older and have been members for 30 years or more.
- Sons of Norway Lodge Membership Activity Report
This report is generated at the beginning of every month. It is automatically emailed or mailed to all lodge Vice Presidents, Financial Secretaries and Membership Secretaries. These officers (along with the President and a few other officers) can also access PDFs these reports through their profile page after signing on to sofn.com. When a lodge member reaches Golden status, they are listed under the heading New Golden Members on the next monthly report.
- Sons of Norway Lodge Membership Lists
Lodge officers can download PDF or Excel versions of their membership lists from their profile page after signing on to sofn.com.
- To see who might be nearing their 30th anniversary with Sons of Norway, sort the Excel list by members’ effective dates. Then, check those members’ birthdates to see if will be 65 years or older on their anniversary date.
- Similarly, you can also sort the Excel list by age to see who is turning 65 this year. You would then check to see if they have also hit the 30-year anniversary threshold, in which case they will be eligible for Golden Status this year.
- DF lists sorted by effective date or age can be requested from Membership Services.
Personalizing and Printing Golden Certificates
Lodge Presidents and other officers can now download, personalize and print out the special certificates for members attaining Golden Membership Status. They can be found on sofn.com:
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Click on the Member Resource button on top of page.
- Click on Lodge Leadership.
- Click on Administrative Resources.
- Click on View Lodge Forms.
- Scroll down to Certificates and click on Golden Membership.
- You can change the member name, lodge name and lodge number as well as the date.
- Print your personalized certificate. They look great in color or black and white.
Golden Member pins can still be ordered from Membership Services on as as-needed basis, and will remain free of charge.
Please contact Sherry Gorse at [email protected] or 612-821-4643 to order Golden pins or with any questions.