To support your lodge with its community efforts, we would like to invite your lodge to use a portion of its New Member Recruitment Event funds to support local food shelves or other community needs. Under this program, lodges can receive up to $200 as a matching grant to go toward donations of food or supplies to a local food shelf. See below for details.
- To be eligible for this program, lodges must notify Sons of Norway headquarters of their plans to participate, and send receipts to: Matt Roedel 1455 W. Lake Street Minneapolis, MN 55408. Please include a brief description of the aid given, including donation amount and the name and contact information of the recipient organization.
- This is a matching grant up to $200. For example, if a lodge gives $100 they will receive a $100 match for a total of $200.
- Any lodge can use a portion of its New Member Recruitment Event funds, up to $200.
- Lodges that have already reached their $400 annual limit can apply for an exception to participate in this program.
- Please use social distancing measures when collecting food for donations, such as curbside pickup and drive-through drop off where available.
We have had an enthusiastic response to the program with over 15 lodges participating to date! The picture above shows Mary Beth Ingvoldstad, Co-President of Vikings of Lake Lodge #6-166, presenting Galilee Lutheran Church’s Council President, Bob Hamilton, with 20 vouchers of $10 each for the Church Food Bank. Galilee Lutheran is the “home” of the Lodge, which meets monthly in the Fellowship Hall. This is a great example of how this program can be used to serve the local community during this time. We hope many other lodges will consider doing the same! To learn more about how to take advantage of this offer contact David Crabb at [email protected].