Sons of Norway was built on the spirit of community and has a strong philanthropic heart. Now is a perfect time for us to rally together and do what we can for our neighbors and communities.
To support your lodge with its community efforts, we would like to invite your lodge to use a portion of its New Member Recruitment Event funds to support local food shelves or other community needs. Under this program, lodges can receive up to $200 to go toward donations of food or supplies to a local food shelf. See below for details.
Sons of Norway Insurance Community Support Program
- To be eligible for this program, lodges must notify Sons of Norway headquarters of their plans to participate and send receipts to: Matt Roedel 1455 W. Lake Street Minneapolis, MN 55408. Please include a brief description of the aid given, including donation amount and the name and contact information of the recipient organization.
- Any lodge can use a portion of its New Member Recruitment Event funds, up to $200.
- Lodges that have already reached their $400 annual limit can apply for an exception to participate in this program.
- We suggest forming a small committee of lodge members to facilitate the donation process.
- Please use social distancing measures when collecting food for donations, such as curbside pickup and drive-through drop off where available.
The current situation can feel very stressful and isolating, especially for people who live alone. We all know people who are not able to get out due to limited mobility or compromised immune systems. Why not take this opportunity to enrich your community and spread the hope that is so needed right now? Take some time as a lodge to reach out by phone or email to check in with your neighbors and community members and offer some words of encouragement. The support will be welcomed, I’m sure!
To learn more about how to leverage this offer contact Matt Roedel, [email protected] or 612-821-4603.
We encourage you to show your community the spirit of “neighbors helping neighbors” that is the heart of each and every lodge with Sons of Norway!