Reach prospective members and enjoy higher attendance at your next lodge event by posting on the Sons of Norway events calendar. Our events calendar features events that are happening all across the United States, Canada and Norway.
To post in the events calendar
- Click on the Events link at the top of www.sofn.com.
- Click on the Create an Event Button.
- Name your event, and provide a description of the event.
- Make sure to include the date and time.
- Upload an image of a past event, or of an event flyer. Note: you may email PDFs to [email protected] to be included.
- To add a location, click on the arrow of the Venue dropdown menu. If you’ve previously entered a location, you can find it on the list below. If this is your first time posting at this location, simply start typing in the address or name of venue. Click on “create venue” once you’ve finished entering in the location.
- If your lodge has a website or a Facebook page, include the link in the “event website” field.
- If there is a fee associated with the event, make sure to include that in the cost field. If the event is free, leave the field blank or enter “0.”
- When you’re finished entering in the event information, click “Submit Event.”
- After your event is reviewed, it will appear on the events page.
- If you have any questions, or need help submitting an event, please contact [email protected].
Tips for a Successful Post
- Post your event several weeks in advance to give people time to plan to attend.
- Include an enthusiastic event description along with an image of a past event, or of your event poster.
- Details matter, so be sure to provide information like the event times and location, including street address, city and state.
- Don’t forget to include an email address and phone number for questions.
Questions? Contact Nick Hennen at [email protected] or 612-821-4633.