Ron's Ride Raises Funds for the Foundations
Ron Stubbings is cycling 3,000 kilometers to the International Convention and raising funds for grants & scholarships through the Sons of Norway Foundation and the Sons of Norway Foundation in Canada.
All gifts from Canadian members will be forwarded to the Sons of Norway Foundation in Canada.
Faithful to our mission and members.
The Sons of Norway Foundation is dedicated to funding activities that preserve and promote Norwegian heritage, positively affect members, and make Sons of Norway communities a more vibrant place to live. Be it through a student's scholarship for study, a cultural exchange experience, or assisting lodges to provide quality programs and community events – the Sons of Norway Foundation is true to its mission.
Established in 1966, our focus and offerings have grown to include several categories of scholarships and four categories of grants. Our passion is focused on the following areas:
- Creating opportunities for higher education as a means for success.
- Showcasing our unique Norwegian heritage to wider audiences.
- Exploring cross-cultural exchanges.
- Providing humanitarian support to Sons of Norway members who are victims of natural disasters.
We have awarded $1,375,000 in scholarships, $390,000 in grants and more than $500,000 in humanitarian aid. Take a closer look at our efforts, the results, and opportunities to get involved on the following pages.
- Building the heritage of the future
- Sustaining the link to contemporary Norway
- Committing to life-long learning and service
- Preserving compassion for those in need
- Funding innovative individuals and opportunities
- Fostering a cohesive community of generosity