Bernt Anker, Sons of Norway member since 2005, feels deeply that college students without parents should have the same opportunity and support as students who come from a two parent household. It is thanks to Mr. Anker’s generosity that this four-year scholarship is possible.
Who can apply:
- American citizens who have applied to or are enrolled in an accredited, four-year, post-secondary institution or a two-year community college with the intent of continuing toward an undergraduate degree in the US.
- Those who have a certificate of completion from high school or are about to graduate from high school.
- Those who are between the ages of 17-25 years old.
- Preference will be given to students without parents or to students raised by single parents.
- Candidates may only receive two Sons of Norway scholarships in a five-year period.
- A short autobiography, 150 words or less
- An essay of 500 words or less
- Two letters of recommendation
- For students without parents: We require one recommendation letter verify your situation, on institutional letterhead from either:
- your high-school guidance counselor, or
- an official office of your college (such as the financial aid or bursar’s office).*For a full set of the scholarship criterial please see the full scholarship guidelines
How do I apply?
Applications are only accepted via our online portal at www.sonsofnorway.com/scholarships.
What is the deadline for this scholarship?
The deadline for submission of the completed application and all required elements is APRIL 30, 2017.
To apply for this scholarship