King Olav V of Norway gave his permission to the Sons of Norway Foundation to use his name in establishing a fund to be known as the “King Olav V Norwegian-American Heritage Fund.”
Its purpose is to fund activities in which the American and Norwegian heritages are explored, studied and shared by qualified scholarship recipients. Endowment money has been raised by selling medallions and securing gifts from Sons of Norway members.
Who can apply:
- Any American, age 17 or older, who has demonstrated a keen and sincere interest in Norwegian heritage and/or any Norwegian, age 17 or older, who has demonstrated an interest in American heritage.
- Those who have a certificate of completion from high school and are enrolled in a recognized educational institution (arts, crafts, literature, history, music, folklore, etc.).
- If you are not currently enrolled in a post-secondary program you must show proof of enrollment prior to receiving scholarship funding.
- A short autobiography, 150 words or less
- An essay of 500 words or less
- Academic potential
- Financial need
- Letters of recommendation
Deadline: January 15, 2018