Are you committed to life-long learning and service?
Join the Sons of Norway Foundation Board of Governors
The Sons of Norway Foundation Board of Governors is seeking talented individuals who wish to join in the governance of this well-respected, fifty-four-year-old organization. Skills that are desired include strategic planning and marketing, social media, development and fundraising and/or finance and accounting. The board is comprised of members from across the United States who are volunteers who serve without pay. A governor may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms.
The board supports the work of the Sons of Norway Foundation and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the Foundation director who reports to the Sons of Norway leadership, the board-staff relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the board is both critical and expected.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the Foundation to stakeholders, and acting as an ambassador for the organization;
- Prioritizing personal giving by making an annual gift, reflecting the Foundation’s priority and assisting in fundraising for the organization;
- Serving on committees or task forces by accepting special assignments;
- Approving the Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports and financial statements; and
- Working with the director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are implemented.
The Foundation is dedicated to funding activities that preserve and promote Norwegian heritage, positively affect members, and make Sons of Norway communities more vibrant places to live. The application deadline is Sept. 11, 2020.
Sons of Norway Foundation Board of Governors Expectations
Board of Governors’ Meetings
Biannual meetings are held in Minneapolis. Governors meet at least four more times throughout the year via video conference.