We are living in a time when the future is particularly unknown, and many of us are longing for stress relief and relaxation. If you’ve been yearning for a way to unwind and destress, yoga offers many wonderful benefits to help guide you through difficult times.
Here are some reasons to practice yoga:
- Step back from your current circumstances. Doing yoga helps you distance yourself from day-to-day stressors, giving you a chance to reevaluate your actions, environment and future with more clarity.
- Disconnect from technology. It’s no secret that lately we have all been glued to our phones, constantly researching and waiting for updates. Doing yoga allows you to put the phone down and relax.
- Silence your mind. Meditation is often part of the practice of yoga. Turn off all the mental noise and open yourself to a calmer, more positive way of thinking.
- Discover a new perspective. You never know what you can learn from your instructor, so let them guide you emotionally and mentally as well as physically.
- Take time for yourself. Wellness is all about taking time to care for yourself. Create a space without distractions and take at least 30 minutes a day to unwind.
Here are some popular yoga enthusiasts who can guide you through a wonderful and calming practice:
If you are interested in embarking in a full yoga experience, check out these beautiful yoga retreats in Norway:
- Nøsen Yoga Retreat is surrounded by lakes, meadows and waterfalls.
- Scandoir Retreats combines yoga with Scandinavian lifestyle and culture.
- Sparkling Yoga Retreats offers yoga and hiking in the Norwegian fjords.
We hope this helps you unwind from the stress of the unknown and find some peace.