After winter’s heavy meals, many of us crave fresh ingredients as Spring arrives. In the April issue of Viking magazine, Paul Lowe of Sweet Paul Magazine shares five recipes that are bursting with flavor, color and deliciousness.
Here, Lowe shares one more recipe—spinach hummus with pomegranate. “The spinach not only makes the hummus turn a beautiful green, but it gives it a great herby taste,” he says. “Serve it with homemade pita chips or crudité. To add a bit of heat, add a garlic clove and some red chili flakes.”
Spinach Hummus with Pomegranate
1 packed cup of fresh spinach
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups canned chickpeas, drained
1/3 cup tahini
Juice of 2 lemons
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. water
Sliced red onion
Toasted pine nuts
1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the spinach until it’s wilted. Set aside.
2. Place spinach, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest and water in a food processor and blend until smooth. If it feels dry, add some more water.
3. Spoon into a bowl and add pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, red onion and some olive oil.
Through the years, Lowe has shared many recipes with Viking magazine. Here are some of our favorites:
- December 2018, Anise butter cookies
- September 2018, Apple and brunost tart with almond crust
- July 2017, Norwegian berry smash
- November 2015, Pumpkin pancakes with hot plum syrup
- May 2015, World’s best cake
- March 2013, Norwegian eggs benedict