2018 International Folk Art Competition & Exhibition
Join us in celebrating talent and culture by participating in the International Folk Art Competition & Exhibition, part of the International Convention in Bloomington, Minn., August 15 -19.
Sons of Norway members with all levels of artistry, from amateur to professional, can exhibit work in several Norwegian folk art categories including rosemaling, hardanger embroidery, photography and more. All participants will receive a certificate of recognition and have the option to compete for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons. Members will also have the chance to compete for the Best in Show Award given to judge’s overall favorite item and the People’s Choice Award selected by popular vote.
Pre-registration is the only way to guarantee your spot in the International Folk Art Competition & Exhibition – space is limited.The deadline for pre-registration is Friday, July 27. For more information regarding requirements, categories and competition guidelines, please visit the International Folk Art Competition & Exhibition webpage at www.sonsofnorway.com/folkart.
- All participants must be Sons of Norway members.
- All items must have been completed within the last two years.
- Members do not have to compete in the district level in order to compete in the international level.
- Artists must bring items to the Folk Art Competition & Exhibition themselves or make arrangements for an attending member of their district to bring the items for them.
- Items mailed to Sons of Norway Headquarters or the International Convention location site will not be accepted.
Event check-in begins August 15, and exhibits will open for public viewing August 16-18. If you have any questions regarding the competition & exhibition, please contact Jenna Kohlnhofer at (612)821-4640 or [email protected].