A Flexible Premium Deferred Annuity (FPDA) helps you accumulate money for retirement and other financial needs on a tax-deferred basis. It allows you to set your own premium and make additional payments at any time. And since there are no sales charges, all of your money earns tax-deferred interest from the day it’s received until the day it is withdrawn.*
By investing primarily in high-quality corporate and U.S. Government bonds and notes, Sons of Norway can offer this income product that guarantees you’ll always get back 100 percent of your principal and never receive less than 1 percent interest.
Who is it for?
A flexible premium deferred annuity might be right for you, if:
- You want to earn interest on money without paying current income taxes.
- You’d like to earn a competitive interest rate without market risk.
- You enjoy having access to your money.
- You’re concerned about the probating of your estate.
Unique advantages of the deferred annuity
- Deferred taxes, maximum interest: Taxes are deferred 100% while you earn interest on your principal, interest on your interest, and interest on money that otherwise would have been paid in taxes. The only time taxes are assessed is when the benefits are paid.
- Avoid probate: when death occurs, the accumulated funds are paid out to a named beneficiary, thus avoiding the expense and delay of the probate process.
- A Flexible Premium Deferred Annuity is a high-grade, low-risk product, offering a competitive interest rate and a first year interest bonus.**
* Withdrawals during the first eight years in excess of permitted partial free withdrawals are subject to a surrender charge. Withdrawals prior to age 59 1/2 may be subject to an IRS 10% tax penalty in addition to any surrender charges.
** Bonus requires a minimum deposit of $10,000.
Ready to talk about a Flexible Premium Deferred Annuity?
A Sons of Norway Financial Benefits Counselor can help you get started. Get your free Financial Review and get started toward a more secure tomorrow.
This page describes certificate series FPA10.