Perhaps you are saving for retirement, or maybe you have already hit your goal for retirement savings.
Either way, if you are a conservative investor who wants to build assets for the future and don’t sleep well when the markets look more like a roller coaster than a merry-go-round, a fixed annuity may be a good fit. There are not a lot of other investment vehicles that can provide a guaranteed stream of income. Annuities are a great way to put away money on a tax-deferred basis, and the cash is available to fully accumulate right away! You will not need to pay taxes on this accumulation until you start to take the money out, at which time you are taxed on the gain.
It is a good idea to purchase an annuity if you
- Are uncomfortable with stock market volatility.
- Sleep better knowing the amount of interest you are earning.
- Want to have access to your funds.*
- Want to accumulate more wealth than your employer 401K will allow.
- Like the idea of accumulating wealth and not paying taxes.
- Would not qualify for life insurance, but want to leave something to your heirs.
Annuities can help with estate planning and often avoid probate, which means your beneficiaries will get the funds you wanted them to have faster. Pick up the phone today and contact your Financial Benefits Counselor for help with your retirement planning. They will know the best solution for your personal needs!
*Withdrawals and surrender may be subject to federal and state income tax and, except under certain circumstances, will be subject to an IRS penalty if taken prior to age 59½.