Photography by Goor Studio
This recipe originally appeared in Sweet Paul Magazine
1 bottle of your favorite cava/champagne/sparkling wine – we used Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noirs sparkling wine from California!
4 bags of your favorite tea – we used Rishi Tea’s Blueberry Hibiscus
2 cups boiling water
2 cups sugar – we used turbinado
Blueberries for garnish
- Brew two cups of strong tea using your tea bags and boiling water. Allow to steep until the tea is very dark. We used a fruity tea, but you could also go with a classic black tea blend like Earl Grey.
- To make the tea syrup, combine equal parts of brewed tea and sugar in a pan, mix until sugar is dissolved and simmer until a thick syrup is formed. About 10 minutes.
- Allow syrup to cool completely.
- To make the cocktail, simply drizzle a small amount of your tea syrup into the bottom of your flute or coupe.
- Top with your favorite sparkling wine.
- We garnished with blueberries to compliment the blueberry hibiscus tea.
The tea-flavored simple syrup will keep for three weeks in the refrigerator.